10/5/11

Ride Home 10/5

I'm not going to give this post as much time as it might warrant because it's late (for me) and I can barely remember what happened as is. Weird route. Mass to Garfield to Cleveland to Calvert in a reverse of this morning. Quite fast, quite easy and maybe I'll do this more frequently. I got turned around a little trying to get to 19th, which is listed as a bike route, but unlike Columbia (soon to be better) has both down and up parts, which I wasn't expecting. 19th to T to 9th accidentally and then back somehow to 11th and then to Q and on 11th, which had a bike lane for a while (unbeknownst to me) again the way to Pennsylvania. Pretty much anything east of Dupont Circle and I might as well be in the middle of the Sahara or Antartica or the Bermuda Triangle. (Patethic). Penn was easy, Constitution was fine and East Capitol was breezy.
Some other stuff: this is funny. #OCCUPYMSTREET proceeds apace. Also, saw real-life Chuck Thies at the Black Rooster (yes, sometimes I go places at night and that causes me to bang out crappy blog posts) but I declined to say something because, really, what is there to say? It's not like I have liability insurance if things turned ugly.

No comments:

Post a Comment